The garage is a hidden gem of bonus space that can easily be made into social space. Transforming your garage not only helps you stay organized, but it also creates another usable room for hobbies, hosting parties, or playtime for kids of all ages. Follow these expert tips for planning the best looking garage on the block.
One garage can support a dozen duties. The secret to accommodating all your needs is to establish zones, designating areas for each activity.
1. Transition zone – the perfect space to put down shopping bags while opening the door, hang jackets, or take off shoes while sitting on a bench. Choose open or closed storage with hooks, hangers, and shelves that adjust easily.
2. Need it now zone – quick, easy access to frequently used items such as dog food, soft drinks, canned goods or extra bulk-pantry items.
3. Recycling center – reach-in storage bins let you conceal clutter and help keep items sorted from the convenience of your doorstep.
4. Passion center – your place to escape and work on what you love most: gardening, woodworking, car tinkering, or craft building. Include a counter top made of solid ash as a primary work surface, and locking cabinets for storing chemicals or sharp tools.
5. Large item storage – higher elevation storage fills the space all the way to the ceiling with seldom-used large items such as coolers, camping gear, and holiday decorations. Stacker cabinets store special use servers, dishes, and small appliances, freeing up space in the kitchen.
6. Activity area – the ideal home for all your active gear: rackets, lacrosse sticks, skis, snowboards, baseball bats, bikes, and kids’ toys.
7. Long, tall, thin storage – just right storage for awkward seasonal supplies and yard tools near the garage door so they are handy to get to. Rakes, shovels, clippers, and other tools hang on adjustable hooks behind cabinets or on a wall organizer.
Still not sure where to begin? No worries. We’ll work with you to develop a plan that is personalized to reflect your lifestyle and budget. And of course, your systems will be installed with care. If you could use help with your closet, garage, garage floors, entertainment area, office —- you name it, we would be happy to send out a designer for a free estimate.